Fresh air, fresh thinking, fresh perspectives!
“What a simple yet super-effective way to spin up some fresh ideas and meet some fellow business folks! It was a great couple of hours and set me up for a fabulously productive day. Thank you!”
When intelligent, motivated people journey together through inspiring landscapes, a creative spark is lit. Add expert facilitation and the effect can be transformative.
This is what underpins Fresh Air Business Walking – a membership and pay-per-walk programme for business leaders and their guests seeking fresh air, fresh perspectives, and fresh conversations. Download the Fresh Air Business Walking Brochure here.
Is this for me?
Do you want:
- Fresh air, great conversations, and laughter in your business life?
- Time-out to relax, draw energy and inspiration from stunning natural environments?
- A powerful alternative to indoor meetings – with your team, your clients etc.?
- Access to a more creative and engaging form of networking?
- To experience outdoor coaching, to think more clearly and creatively about big challenges and choices?
- Safe and supported access to some of the UK’s most iconic natural landscapes?
- An expertly led walking programme to support your health and fitness goals?
- The opportunity to develop some outdoor leadership skills?
If any of these apply to you, Fresh Air Business Walking will provide the space and support to meet your needs. Download our Fresh Air Business Walking Brochure here.
How does this work?
There are two-ways to enjoy Fresh Air Business Walks. Many of our clients take up a subscription membership and then invite guests on a pay-per-walk basis. Non-subscription members can join walks on a pay-per-walk basis too.
Subscription members have access to a programme of two scheduled walks each month in their region. One is a half-day, and one is a whole day. In addition there is at least one short-notice walk that aims to take advantage of reliable forecasts of fine weather. In addition to normal daylight walks, short-notice walks can include moonlit ascents of regional mountains to experience unforgettable summit sunrises.
Once per quarter there will be an “out of area” walk in one of the UK’s National Parks or other stunning upland or mountainous area. This will be at additional cost.
The rolling 3-month programme is notified to subscription members in advance. Short-notice walks are notified by email. Links are provided to Eventbrite where full details of each walk are posted.
Currently, the programme operates in South West England/South Wales. We will be rolling out programmes for London Home Counties and Central Scotland early in 2017.
How fit do I need to be? How long are the walks?
All our walks are on established paths and conducted at a pace that allow people to talk comfortably. There are plenty of stops too. Short walks are generally 2 – 3 hours in duration, and the longer walks 4 – 6 hours. If you are in any doubt about your ability to undertake a walk consult your GP and the walk leader.
What about medical conditions and injuries?
Disclosure of medical conditions and injuries is important. This will allow your walk leader to provide the best possible support.
What about clothing and kit?
A clothing and kit list is included in the Eventbrite post for each walk. We have a limited number of items we can lend if required. In any event, clients are strongly advised to invest in a pair of lightweight breathable waterproof walking boots (e.g. with a Goretex or similar lining). Get in touch and we can advise. Note that we can also provide a 15% discount arrangement with Cotswold Outdoor. Wellington-style boots are not suitable.
What about the weather?
The walks will go ahead in all but the most extreme weather. Your leaders will ensure everyone has a safe and rewarding walk. Routes may be modified to make the best of conditions.
Who is looking after me?
We will always aim to provide experienced and qualified Mountain Leaders on a ratio of 1:8 clients . Their details, including their wider business leadership and coaching experience, will be included in the Eventbrite post for each walk. Dave Stewart, MD The Fresh Air Learning Company, will lead many of the walks. You can read more about him here.
What is the price?
The pay-per-walk price is £30. This covers:
- Provision of qualified outdoor leaders on a ratio of 1:8 clients.
- Provision of business coaching (if required).
- Instruction in outdoor leadership skills (if required).
The 6-month subscription price is £180. This covers:
- The pay-per-walk features above.
- Two scheduled walks, and at least one 24-hour notice walk per month.
- An invitation, once per quarter, to an “out of area” walk in one of the UK’s National Parks or other stunning upland or mountainous area (at additional cost).
- A free lift on a first come, first served basis from a convenient city location.
- The opportunity to network on-the-day, as well as across the wider subscription membership via a LinkedIn group and Facebook page.
- The opportunity to bring along guests on a pay-per-walk basis of £30 per guest.
- Loan of outdoor clothing and kit (excludes boots) on a first come, first served basis.
- 15% discount at Cotswold Outdoor.
How do I sign up?
Pay-per-walk. Simply check out our Fresh Air Business Walking programme and follow the relevant Eventbrite link for full details and to make your booking.
Subscription membership. Email us at email@example.com and we will invoice you by return for your 6-month membership.
Want to know more?
- Download our Fresh Air Business Walking Brochure
- Check out our programme of open events.
- Fill in the form or contact us as follows:
0800 052 7900 (free from UK landline)