Business leaders need to escape, and find space to explore and evolve their thinking
They also need support to turn this thinking into action.
That’s where we come in. We create facilitated thinking experiences. Escape. Explore. Evolve.
We design and facilitate Fresh Air Business “Walkshops” and multi-day Fresh Air Business Journeys.
We help business leaders think things through. We help them think together. We help them simplify, clarify, and resolve the big issues in their lives.
Fresh Air Business Walkshops
Open Walkshops. We facilitate open walkshops on topical leadership challenges in stunning countryside near to major cities. Typically these involve around 8 – 12km of walking on good paths over a generous 4 – 6 hours. We advertise, and provide full information on Eventbrite. Our current programme is here.
Business Ecosystem Walkshops. These are open walkshops that we design for, and co-facilitate with businesses who want to offer their communities, clients, and networks a fresh and inspiring way of engaging around an important theme of common interest.
Membership Organisation Walkshops. These walkshops are open to members, and are advertised internally by the organisation.
Internal Business Walkshops. We run bespoke walkshops for businesses who are looking for a different way of having high value internal discussions around business critical topics. Typically these involve pre-event Discovery engagements with the sponsor and participants to understand issues and perspectives, crystallise an overarching inquiry theme, and agree outputs and outcomes. Depending on the project, we may also use some form of diagnostic questionnaire. Thereafter, an iterative Design conversation will identify the best team, best place, and best process for your walkshop. These pre-Delivery phases are potentially transformational in their own right. They engage and energise participants, and promote conversations and fresh thinking around the inquiry theme ahead of the walkshop. By way of examples, we have helped:
- Boards with strategic reviews.
- New executive teams that needed to get to know one another quickly.
- Business partners facing courageous conversations and difficult decisions.
- Functional teams with stakeholder challenges.
Fresh Air Business Journeys
We run multi-day hotel-hopping walking journeys through the iconic scenery of the Scottish Highlands as open and bespoke experiences. These are powerful small group experiences.
Participants tap into the power of the group, the majesty of the landscapes, the experience of the mixed coaching team, and the fresh perspectives and inspiring stories of fascinating guest companions.
Open Journeys as a Personal Investment. Business leaders have invested in places for a range of reasons: for personal reflection, problem solving, concept development, or simply the chance to relax and recharge.
Bespoke Journeys as Leadership Development Modules. Companies have used these journeys as bespoke modules sitting within wider in-house leadership programmes to give participants a framework and opportunity to clarify, prioritise, and plan their development as the companies’ future leaders.
Want to know more?
- "It was a very special experience. It is only when one has space to think that you realise how much we are slaves to persistent interruptions in our daily lives. I found the Highland Hack hugely valuable for crystallising strategy and grand plans for the future. The walking conversations and evening “dragons dens” laid on for me were really powerful. Thank you all for the challenge and support. My vision of the future and the possible paths are now clearing like the morning mists in the spectacular landscape we walked through.”
- Matt. CEO. Professional services company.